Andrew focuses primarily on civil litigation. He practices in state and federal court and frequently litigates business and commercial disputes, labor and employment matters and a variety of breach of contract claims. He also uses his litigation experience to help clients evaluate and manage risk and he frequently advises clients on compliance with employment laws and regulations.
Andrew’s labor and employment practice includes representing both employers and employees in discrimination and retaliation matters ranging from initial EEOC and FCHR administrative proceedings through litigation and trial. He frequently litigates cases involving protected characteristics like race, gender, age, national origin and disability, as well as cases involving laws like the Family and Medical Leave Act and Florida’s private-sector whistleblower’s act. In addition, Andrew has experience litigating both single-plaintiff and class-action proceedings arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act and ERISA.
Andrew also frequently represents clients in a variety of other civil disputes. He regularly litigates the enforcement of non-competes, non-solicitation agreements, NDAs and other restrictive covenants. He also litigates trade secret protection matters and helps clients implement measures to prevent and mitigate misappropriation of sensitive information. In addition, Andrew has experience handling a range of other matters like shareholder disputes involving breaches of contractual and fiduciary duties, commercial disputes involving issues like breach of contract, conversion and tortious interference, and property insurance disputes.
Andrew also represents both individuals and businesses in civil matters involving deceptive and unfair trade practices, allegations of civil conspiracy and civil RICO act violations, breach of warranty actions, will and trust contests involving undue influence and capacity issues, and a variety of negligence matters. In addition to litigating cases at the trial court level, Andrew frequently assists with appeals in state and federal courts.
- Florida Journal of International Law, General Editor, 2013-2015
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, Member, 2014-2015
- John Marshall Bar Association, Member 2012-2015
- Holland & Knight Merit Scholarship recipient
- Levin Merit Scholarship recipient
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity, Member 2008-2012
- Board Member, Young Lawyers Division, Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Pensacola Museum of Art, Board of Trustees, Member, 2019
- Pensacola Museum of Art, Nominating Committee, 2019
- Northwest Florida Gator Club, Vice President of Athletics
- Labor & Employment Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- American Inns of Court, Member
Areas of Practice
- Business & Banking
- Labor and Employment
- Covenants Not to Compete and Restrictive Covenants
- Civil Litigation
- Estate Litigation
- Appeals & Trial Support
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2015
- B.S., University of Central Florida, 2012
Admittance to Practice