Amy Pedone Slaman is a shareholder in the firm’s Destin office. Ms. Slaman joined the firm in 2020 and focuses her practice in the area of Wills, Trusts and Estates. Ms. Slaman provides services regarding estate planning, probate, trust administration and guardianship as well as small business associations and real estate.
Ms. Slaman was born and raised in South Louisiana where she attended Louisiana State University and Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Ms. Slaman earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 2000, and brings to her law practice the skills gained through over ten years of practicing as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, owning and managing her own veterinary business.
In 2011, Ms. Slaman graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law, and initially practiced in South Florida in the areas of real estate, commercial law, business law, and finance, including both transactions and litigation. Having grown up along the Gulf Coast from New Orleans to Destin, Ms. Slaman was thrilled to move back to the Florida Panhandle in 2015 where she focuses on having a positive impact on the local community and enjoying the wonderful culture and amazing outdoor life with her three children, Stanton, Avery & Genevieve, and cat, Sugar.
In addition to her work at Clark Partington, Ms. Slaman also serves on the Board of Directors for the Niceville-Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce, Niceville Public Library, and is a member of the Estate Planning Council of the Emerald Coast, Walton County Bar Association, Okaloosa County Bar Association, and Okaloosa Chapter of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers. She has also served on the Florida Bar’s Grievance Committee for the First Circuit (1B) and is a graduate of Leadership Okaloosa class of 2018.
- Estate Planning Council of the Emerald Coast, Member, 2019-present; Board Member, 2020-present
- Friends of the Niceville Public Library, Inc. Foundation Board, Board Member, 2017-present; Secretary, 2018-present
- Leadership Okaloosa – Graduate 2018
- Niceville Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2016-present; Board Member, 2020-present
- Destin Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2016-present
- Holy Name of Jesus Catechist – Fourth Grade, 2017-present
- Okaloosa Bar Association, Member, 2015-present
- Walton County Bar Association, Member, 2015-present
- Okaloosa Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2017-present
- Florida Bar – First Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee B, Member, 2017-present
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member, 2011-present
Areas of Practice
- Business & Corporate
- Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, magna cum laude, 2011
- D.V.M., Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, 2000
Admittance to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida