Kris Anderson aims to become an indispensable resource for every client by understanding both short and long term goals, learning the client’s business inside and out, and delivering consistent, precise, and efficient service. Kris represents Gulf Coast businesses in both transactional and litigation matters and often serves as outside general counsel for his clients.
Kris has extensive experience representing real estate developers, commercial landlords, tenants, and investors in leasing, purchases and sales, economic development incentives, financing, and property disputes.
He also focuses his practice on the Gulf Coast hospitality industry, including franchise transactions and disputes, premises liability, tort liability, hotel management, intellectual property, advertising, regulatory, legislation, and employment matters.
His corporate law practice involves representation of individuals and entities in the formation and ongoing operation of businesses including sales, acquisitions, franchising, and expansion. His widely varied litigation experience has involved patents, trademarks, copyrights, product liability, franchising, timeshares, real estate sales, premises liability, Title VII, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, worker’s compensation, and commercial matters.
Prior to joining Clark Partington, Kris served as general counsel for one of Alabama’s most successful commercial real estate developers, practiced with the law firm Baker Donelson in Birmingham, Alabama, and clerked at the U.S. Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C. He is licensed to practice in Alabama and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
In his spare time, Kris enjoys being outdoors on or around the water with his wife Alex and son Whit.
- Alabama Law Review Senior Editor, 2009-2010
- Alabama Moot Court Board, 2010-2011
- Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
- James E. Morrisette Constitutional Law Award
- Full Tuition Merit Scholarship to the University of Kentucky
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Virgin Islands Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Product Liability and Intellectual Property Sections
- “Guns, Drugs and Privacy Expectation in Hotels,” Law 360, May 16, 2014
- “Labeling Lawsuit Defenses,” Inside Counsel Magazine
- “FTC Ruling Not So Wonderful for POM or The First Amendment,” Hospitalitas Newsletter, Issue 2, May 2013
- “Would You Bet Your Business on Untrained Employees?” Hospitalitas Newsletter, Issue 3, November 2012
- Speaker – “Capitalizing with Equity-based Crowdfunding,” Now Street Evolving Capital Markets & Crowdfunding Symposium, August 21, 2012
- “A Grenade and Bunker for Technology Businesses: Use of the DJA Offensively or Defensively,” DRI’s For the Defense, July 2012
- “Broken Glass, Cut Tendon, No Franchisor Liability: Standards Versus Control Over Day-to-Day Operations,” Baker Donelson’s Hospitalitas Newsletter, February 29, 2012
- “ERROR 404: Jurisdiction not Found: Why Personal Jurisdiction in Internet Cases is Still far from Predictable,” DRI’s The Voice, January 25, 2012
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate Transactions & Real Property Development
- Real Estate Litigation
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Real Property Litigation
- General Business Litigation
- Corporate, Securities & Business
- Business Law (including General Corporate Matters)
- Business Formation
- Business Transactions & Planning
- Contract Preparation
- Review & Negotiation
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Financial Institutions
- Business & Banking
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, magna cum laude
- University of Kentucky, B.A., cum laude
Admittance to Practice
- U.S. Virgin Islands