Jesse W. Rigby’s typical clients include private property owners, small businesses, national corporations, and real estate developers.
Rigby has concluded Bert J. Harris, Jr., Private Property Rights Protection Act claims and a number of proceedings under the Florida Land Use and Environmental Dispute Resolution Act. He appears frequently before local government commissions, councils, and boards on land use and environmental issues. His practice includes representation before state and federal environmental regulatory agencies, as well as representation of his clients in state and federal courts. He has earned an AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Rigby is a member of the Restoration Advisory Board, Naval Air Station Pensacola, which reviews the remediation of contaminated sites on the Naval Air Station. He also serves on the Board of Trustees of AMIKids Pensacola.
- AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Order of the Coif, high honors
- Pensacola Naval Air Station, Restoration Advisory Board Member
- AMIKids, Inc., Board of Trustees
- U. S. Marine Corps, Retired Lieutenant Colonel, 1968 – 1988
- “Analysis of the Harris Act,” The Florida General Practice Journal, Vol. XXIII, No. 3, June 2001
- Crown Laundry & Dry Cleaners, Inc. v. United States, 29 Fed.Cl. 506 (1993)
- Atlantis at Perdido Ass’n, Inc. v. Warner, 932 So. 2d 1206 (Fla. 1st DCA 2006)
- Waite Development, Inc. v. City of Milton, 866 So. 2d 153 (Fla. 1st DCA 2004)
- Sharpe, Inc. v. Neil Spear, Inc., 611 So. 2d 66 (Fla. 1st DCA 1992)
Areas of Practice
- Environmental & Land Use
- Real Estate Transactions & Real Property Development
- Healthcare Law
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 1977
- B.S., University of Florida, 1968
Admittance to Practice
- Florida State Courts
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U. S. Court of Federal Claims
- U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida