James (“Jim”) R. Green’s practice focuses on civil litigation. Jim regularly represents clients in estate litigation, trust litigation, personal injury matters, aviation litigation, defamation claims, and insurance coverage disputes. He has tried several cases to a jury verdict in favor of his clients and he has obtained favorable judgments for his clients in bench trials. Jim’s experience enables him to analyze a broad array of cases and provide his clients the advice and insight necessary to successfully navigate their legal disputes.
During law school at Florida State, Jim served as the Articles Editor for the Florida State Law Review, and he clerked for the central staff of the First District Court of Appeal. Jim also worked for Professor Charles Ehrhardt to edit the 2007 edition of Florida Evidence. Jim received book awards in his evidence and civil procedure courses.
Jim has lived in Pensacola since he was young, and enjoys being able to give back to the community that has given so much to him. During his time off, Jim serves on the board for the Pensacola Community Music School, and as a musician himself, he volunteers his time providing musical instruction to some of the youth band members. Jim is also on the board of the Belmont Youth Band.
- Being selected by Professor Charles Ehrhardt to serve as his research assistant for the 2007 edition of Florida Evidence.
- Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Belmont Youth Band, Board of Directors
- Dixon School of the Arts, Board of Directors, Vice President
Areas of Practice
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Aviation Litigation
- J.D., Florida State University, cum laude, 2007
- B.A., University of North Florida, summa cum laude, 2003
Admittance to Practice
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida