Harry B. Stackhouse is a board-certified tax lawyer whose practice includes state and federal tax matters, estate planning and administration of estates, and representation of clients in business transactions. He represents individuals and entities in tax matters ranging from tax planning to administrative and judicial resolution of tax controversies. His estate planning practice involves developing and implementing both simple and complex estate plans that consider income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax consequences of the client’s plan for disposition/distribution of assets.
Hank also represents physicians and medical practices, as well as general business clients. His practice involves a broad range of business transactions, including mergers, asset acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, formation and termination of all types of business organizations, and general contract matters.
Hank earned his undergraduate degree, with high honors, from The Citadel in 1974, his Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from the University of Florida in 1977, and his LL.M. in taxation from the University of Florida in 1981. He served as an officer in the U.S. Army (Judge Advocate General’s Corps) from January 1978 to December 1980. He is currently a member of the Escambia/Santa Rosa Bar Association.
Hank is licensed to practice in Florida.
- AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Florida Super Lawyers “Super Lawyer”, 2010-2018
- Florida Trend “Legal Elite”, 2009
- Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee, Lay Advisory Council
- Catholic Foundation of Northwest Florida, Investment Committee Member
- U.S. Army, Judge Advocate General’s Corps, Officer, 1978-1980.
Areas of Practice
- Business Transactions
- Business Formation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acquisitions, & Asset Sales
- Liquidations and Reorganizations
- Administrative Controversies
- Tax Litigation
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Probate & Trust Litigation
- Trusts & Estate Planning & Administration
- Healthcare Law
- LL.M. in Tax, University of Florida, 1981
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 1977
- B.A., The Citadel, 1974
Admittance to Practice
- Florida Bar, 1977
- Florida Courts
- U.S. Tax Court