Amelia Hallenberg Beard is an attorney in Clark Partington’s Santa Rosa Beach (Grayton) office. Her practice areas include civil litigation, real estate transactions, business formation, estate planning, and personal injury. Her ability to rationalize with various interested parties and provide sound advice to clients is why she likes the title “Counselor” most. She is dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for the clients she represents, and is committed to advocating for her clients’ interests in and out of the courtroom.
Amelia is very active in the local and state bar, having recently served two terms as President of the Walton County Bar Association. She is honored to be named an Academy Fellow of The Florida Bar’s 2019-2020 Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy. Amelia is a Vice Chair of the Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee and a member of the Annual Convention Committee of The Florida Bar. Locally she serves on the First Circuit Bench and Bar Professionalism Committee and is a past member of the circuit’s grievance committee.
Amelia is licensed in both Florida and Georgia. Prior to joining Clark Partington, Amelia worked with a 10-state law firm representing clients that included banks, mortgage servicers, and credit unions for whom she handled real estate, banking, and mortgage litigation. She also handled estate planning matters. A realtor’s daughter, her experience in the real estate and mortgage banking industry is extensive. Prior to becoming an attorney, Amelia worked for a metro housing authority, in mortgage origination and servicing, and mortgage litigation management.
Amelia is proud to serve as a court appointed attorney ad litem representing children removed from their parent(s) or guardians care in dependency cases in Walton County.
Amelia moved to Walton County from Atlanta, Georgia after meeting her husband, a Green Beret formerly with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) and now with the 20th Special Forces Group (Airborne). They have two sons and no free time.
- Articles Editor, The John Marshall Law Journal
- Walton County Bar Association, President, 2017 and 2018
- Walton County Bar Association, Annual Symposium Chair, 2019
- Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee, Vice Chair, 2019-2020
- Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee, Member, 2016-present
- First Judicial Circuit Bench/Bar Professionalism Committee, Member, 2017-present
- First Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B”, Member, 2018-present
- Florida Bar Annual Convention, Committee Member, 2019
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Academy Fellow, 2019-2020
- Volunteer Attorney Ad Litem in Walton County Circuit Court, Dependency Division (Feb. 2018- Present).
- Contributor/Supporter/Volunteer for Ronald McDonald House of NW Florida, Food for Thought, Inc., The Green Beret Foundation, and ReNew Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Civil litigation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Personal Injury
- J.D., John Marshall Law School (Atlanta)
- B.A., Georgia State University, cum laude
Admittance to Practice