January 18, 2023 (Pensacola, FL)
On Saturday, January 14, 2023, Firm Shareholder and Board Certified Construction Lawyer, Bruce D. Partington was one of eight Pensacola honorees to be recognized with a 2023 â€œLiving the Dreamâ€ award, an honor presented to select local leaders who carry the torch of Dr. King’s Legacy by sharing his vision and advocating for racial equality. Specifically, Bruce was honored for his legal work supporting the removal of the Confederate Monument in Florida Square, as well as various Confederate battle flags throughout the City of Pensacola. The awards were presented at the 9th Annual Living the Dream Banquet and Tribute to Motown, held at Brownsville Community Center, which benefits the Southern Youth Sports Association, a 501(c)3 organization that provides recreation, mentoring, education and support for inner city youth in the Pensacola area.
Bruce has been practicing law at Clark Partington for more than thirty years, where he is a passionate advocate for equal justice.Â As a member of the Law Firm Anti-Racism Alliance (LFAA), Bruce is committed to forging a path toward racial equity within the Firm, and within the Northwest Florida Community.
As WEAR’s Sue Straughn mentioned in her speech introducing Bruce at Saturday’s banquet, in many ways, “Bruce proudly follows the quiet legacy of his father, Don Partington, whose published research in 1965 on racial disparities and death penalty sentencing for rape in Virginia has been cited in the United States Supreme Court.”
Bruce has been listed multiple times as a Florida Super Lawyer, Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, and holds an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell. Additionally, Bruce has been an active member of the Rotary Club of Pensacola since 1998, and currently serves as the Club’s President.
We congratulate Bruce and all 2023 “Living The Dream” honorees including:
- Fannie Finkley, CEO of Caring Hearts, which distributes food and clothing to needy families in the Pensacola area.
- Celestine Lewis, Executive Director of the Jacqueline Harris Preparatory Academy
- John Chandler, long-time coach and mentor at Southern Youth Sports Association
- John Albritton, founder of the A&G Rattlers youth sports program, and one of the first African-American attorneys in Pensacola.
- Bruce Partington, attorney at Clark-Partington Law Firm, for his work supporting the removal of the Confederate Monument.
- Chandra Smiley, CEO of Community Health Northwest Florida, formerly known as Escambia Community Clinics.
- Grace McCaffery, founder of Latino Media Gulf Coast and Publisher of La Costa Latina newspaper.
- Kevin Robinson, Content Coach at Northwest Florida Daily News and former Community Solutions Reporter at the Pensacola News Journal.
Link to WEAR to Article -Â Pensacola celebrates Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with annual ‘Living the Dream’ banquet
Donald H. Partington, The Incidence Of The Death Penalty For Rape In Virginia, 22 Wash. & Lee
L. Rev. 43 (1965). Available at: https://scholarlycommons.law.wlu.edu/wlulr/vol22/iss1/4
About Clark Partington:
Clark Partington is a preeminent Gulf Coast regional law firm, serving the comprehensive legal needs of individuals and businesses as trusted advisors and counsel, with offices in Pensacola, Destin, Santa Rosa Beach & Tallahassee.
We stand on the shoulders of the founders who forged the success of our firm, we are shaped by our respect for their legacy, and propelled forward by a quiet confidence born of 46 years of excellence.