Stephen A. Pitre believes in having clients know in real time, the critical events that drive their case. He has been practicing law for over 18 years and began his career as a law clerk handling admiralty and maritime matters. After serving as an Assistant State Attorney, prosecuting major felony offenses for several years, Stephen joined Clark Partington Attorneys at Law in Pensacola, Florida.
His legal practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, family law and appeals. He also has a passion for agricultural issues and is committed to community involvement. Pitre serves as a past chair of the First Judicial Circuit Nominating Commission, having served on the commission for two consecutive four year terms.
Stephen is licensed to practice in Florida, Louisiana and South Dakota. He is a member of the Escambia Santa Rosa County Bar Association and admitted to practice in the Northern District of Florida and U.S. Supreme Court.
- AV Rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Publication: “The Pelican State Amends Summary Judgment,” 43 Loy. Law Rev. 97, Spring 1997.
- Gulf Breeze Rotary, Member
- Panhandle Tiger Bay Club, Member
- St. Ann Catholic Church, Member
- St. Michael’s Cemetery Foundation, Board of Directors, Honorary Member
- Pensacola Little Theater, Board of Trustees
- Rosenthal c. Rosental, 2016 WL 4751758, (Fla. 1st DCA 2016), Family Law/Divorce: Appearing as Appellate Counsel obtaining reversal on issues relating to modification of alimony.
- Dennis v. Dennis, 184 So.3d 656 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016) Family Law/Divorce: Appearing as appellate counsel, obtaining reversal on issues relating to modification of alimony.
- McWilson v. McWilson, 2016 WL 3191135 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016) Family Law/Divorce: Appearing as appellate counsel, obtaining a reversal on issues relating to child support.
- Golden v. Bass, 2016 WL 3459435 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016) Family Law/Divorce: Appearing as appellate counsel, obtaining a reversal regarding issues of time sharing, contempt and due process.
- MFH Enterprises. v. Trustmark Nat. Bank, 2015 WL 3971069 (Fla. 1st DCA 2015) Civil Procedure: Defending against writ of certiorari involving trial severance issues.
- Watermark Properties v. Trustmark Nat. Bank, 98 So.3d 574 (Fla. 1st DCA 2012) Commercial Law/Creditor’s Rights: Defending judgment on appeal regarding issues of commercial creditor remedies.
- Lightner v. First American Title Ins. Co. et al, 51 So.3d 1157 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010).Contract Law: Defending judgment on appeal regarding contract issues.
- Pohlman v. Aqua Condominium Developers, Ltd., 44 So.3d 645 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010) Contract Law: Defended judgment on appeal involving the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclose Act.
- Tipler v. Destin Bank, 18 So.3d 1042 (Fla. 1st DCA 2009) Foreclosure and Lien Law: Defending judgment on appeal regarding homestead and foreclosure issues.
- Porter v. Pinnacle Towers, LLC, 23 So.3d 716 (Fla. 1st DCA 2009) Contract Law: Defending judgment relating to cell tower contractual lease issues.
Areas of Practice
- Appeals & Trial Support
- Commercial Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights & Bankruptcy
- Probate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Probate & Trust Litigation
- Family Law
- Agricultural Law
- J.D., Loyola University, with honors, 1997
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 1994
Admittance to Practice
- South Dakota
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court