Richard Sherrill is the Department Chair of Clark Partington’s Transactional Department. He is board certified by The Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts and Estates, and is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. Richard specializes in trust and estate matters, and handles prenuptial agreements, probate, estate planning, and virtually all aspects of wills, trusts and estates. He regularly represents fiduciaries in ancillary administration of Florida estates for out-of-state decedents.
Richard’s practice also includes real estate closings and finance. He is an agent for a number of title insurance underwriters including First American Title Insurance Company, Stewart Title, Westcor, Old Republic, Fidelity National Title and Alliant Title.
Richard has been practicing law for 17 years, and first joined Clark Partington in 2001. He holds his law degree from The University of Florida College of Law. He received his undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University. Richard currently sits on the firm’s Executive Committee and has served in various leadership roles in the community over the years, including at his parish and with Goodwill Easter Seals of the Gulf Coast and the City Bicycle Advisory Committee. He is an avid cyclist, and from time-to-time holds the title of Scrabble Champion of North Hill. He is married to a school teacher, and they have four children.
- AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Real Estate, 2015
- The Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association
- The Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Executive Council Member
- The Estate Planning Council of Northwest Florida
- Christ Episcopal Church
- Goodwill/Easter Seals of the Gulf Coast, Board Member
- City Bicycle Advisory Committee Member
- City of Pensacola Parks & Recreation, Former Board Member
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Wills, Trust & Estates
- Board Certified in Wills, Trusts & Estates
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 1999
- B.S., Washington & Lee University, 1994
Admittance to Practice
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.