Daniel Harrell is a shareholder in the General Litigation department of Clark Partington. His practice focuses primarily on labor and employment litigation and counseling, non-compete and restrictive covenant litigation, and general civil litigation.
Daniel’s labor and employment experience includes: Title VII actions involving race, gender and national origin discrimination, as well as sexual harassment, hostile work environment, constructive discharge and retaliation claims; claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act; Fair Labor Standards Act single-plaintiff and collective actions; ERISA actions alleging breaches of fiduciary duties; and union negotiations, disputes and arbitrations. Daniel regularly provides day-to-day advice and counseling to clients regarding compliance with various state and federal employment laws. Additionally, Daniel frequently litigates the enforcement of non-compete agreements and other similar restrictive covenants.
Daniel’s general civil litigation experience includes: insurance coverage dispute litigation; commercial fraud litigation; FINRA and AAA arbitrations; and appellate matters.
Daniel is a native of Pensacola, Florida and graduated from Booker T. Washington High School. Prior to returning to Pensacola, he practiced law with a national firm in Birmingham, Alabama, and an international labor & employment firm in Atlanta, Georgia. Before entering private practice, Daniel served as a law clerk to the Honorable W. Harold Albritton, III of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama.
Outside of the office, Daniel enjoys spending time with his family (wife: Emily; children: Josie, Leighton and Graeme), playing golf and following college football.
- AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Alabama Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”, 2012
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”, 2014-2017
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite “Up and Comers”, 2015
- American Bar Association
- Employment and Labor Relations Committee, Leadership Council and Newsletter Editor, 2010-2013
- Pensacola Five Flags Rotary Club, Programs Committee
- Leadership Pensacola, Class of 2015
- Appeals & Trial Support
- Business & Banking
- Personal Injury & Products Liability
- Labor and Employment
- Civil Litigation
- Covenants Not to Compete and Restrictive Covenants
- J.D., Samford University Cumberland School of Law, magna cum laude, 2006
- B.A., Washington and Lee University, 1999
Admittance to Practice
- U.S. District Court for Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court for Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit