Amy P. Slaman is a senior attorney in the firm’s Destin office. Ms. Slaman joined the firm in 2020, and focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust administration, corporate law and real estate. Her corporate services include formation, annual maintenance, preparation of contracts and related transactional services for corporations, limited liability companies, and other closely held business entities.
Ms. Slaman was born and raised in South Louisiana where she attended Louisiana State University and Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Ms. Slaman earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 2000, and brings to her law profession the skills gained through ten years of practicing as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, owning and managing her own veterinary business.
In 2011, Ms. Slaman graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law, and initially practiced in South Florida in the areas of real estate, commercial law, business law, and finance, including both transactions and litigation. Having grown up along the Gulf Coast, from New Orleans to Destin, Ms. Slaman is thrilled to put her roots down in the Florida Panhandle where she can have a positive impact on the community and enjoy the wonderful culture and landscape with her husband and three children.
- Estate Planning Council of the Emerald Coast, Member, 2019-present; Board Member, 2020-present
- Friends of the Niceville Public Library, Inc. Foundation Board, Board Member, 2017-present; Secretary, 2018-present
- Leadership Okaloosa – Graduate 2018
- Niceville Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2016-present; Board Member, 2020-present
- Destin Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2016-present
- Holy Name of Jesus Catechist – Fourth Grade, 2017-present
- Okaloosa Bar Association, Member, 2015-present
- Walton County Bar Association, Member, 2015-present
- Okaloosa Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2017-present
- Florida Bar – First Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee B, Member, 2017-present
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member, 2011-present
Areas of Practice
- Business & Corporate
- Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, magna cum laude, 2011
- D.V.M., Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, 2000
Admittance to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida